- ‘Sweden, who would believe this!’ The image of Scandinavia in the age of fake news, UCL (institute of Advanced Studies), London, February 15, 2018.
- Baltic-Nordic Regionalism: A History of Regional Cooperation and Reconfiguration, UCL (Institute of Advanced Studies), London, June 10, 2016.
- The Ontology of Supernatural Encounters in Old Norse Literature and Scandinavian Folklore. Old Norse Folklorists Network Meeting 4, University of Tartu, Tartu, December 11-12, 2015 (together with Daniel Sävborg and Karen Bek-Pedersen).
- The War that Changed the World: Military, Political and Cultural Aspects of the First World War, Estonian National Defence College, November 6, 2014 (together with Kaarel Piirimäe).
Recent papers at international conferences (LAST 12 MONTHS):
- Imagined Futures in the Swedish Diplomatic Reporting from the Baltics in 1989-1991. Reimagining Futures at the End of the Cold War. University of Helsinki, Finland, 30-31 August, 2017.
- ‘Vänsterns Väg’ and Swedish ‘liberal’ activism in 1917. Society for the Advancement of Scandinavian Study Conference 2017. Minneapolis, USA, 11-14 May 2017.
Other recent talks (last 12 Months):
Bergman, the Medieval and the Existential. Course: An Introduction to Ingmar Bergman. British Film Institute, London, January 24, 2018.
The Scandinavian countries and the European Union: A Historical Perspective. UCL Open Days taster lecture for ESPS, June 30, 2017.
Visiting speaker on the topic ‘Sweden and Denmark: a geopolitical introduction’ at Defence Academy of the United Kingdom, 15 June 2017.